Crafting Design Principles: A Virtual Workshop
February 8, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - February 8, 2022 @ 8:00 pm PST
About this Event
Crafting Design Principles:
A Virtual Workshop
What are design principles? Design principles are value statements which describe the most important goals a specific product or project should deliver to users.
Why are design principles important? Design principles are important because once they are defined, they can be used to frame decisions—providing alignment and supporting consistency across teams and stakeholders within an organization.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- An understanding of design principles and the role they play for an organization.
- A workshop format that can be used to come up with design principles for your own company or organization.
- A forum to connect with a network of like-minded UX professionals in the LA area.
- RAFFLE INCLUDES: 1-year license to Adobe Creative Cloud!
UXPALA AND DESIGN PRINCIPLES:
As a volunteer-driven organization, we rely on each and everyone of our volunteers to help us define the design principles that guide the organization. From the content we curate to the events we produce, as well as the organization’s very presence in the broader industry, design principles can help us create a professional association that reflects the values of its community.
Through our workshop, we hope to provide both an opportunity to newcomers in the UX community—to explore the value of design principles and a process for their creation—as well as a forum for our community to voice what they value in a professional UX association.
- Introduction to UXPALA and the event
- What are Design Principles?
- Design Principles Exploration and Definition
- Design Principles Voting
- Wrap-up and Raffle
View our Code of Conduct