LAST UPDATED: 07/18/19
1. What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
We refer to information that can personally identify you, such as your name, address and email address as “Personal Information”. While you may browse the Site without providing Personal Information, when you create an account and otherwise use the Services, you will provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username and password, work and educational history, and other information that populates your online profile. We and our third party service providers (“Contractors”) may use the Personal Information you provide to us to search for publicly available information (such as your business expertise, skills, current and past job titles, education, activity on other publicly available websites, and your city location) to create an enhanced profile that is available on the Site to a limited number of users. If you choose to login to the Site with a third-party social media site such as Facebook or Google, we may collect Personal Information from such third party social media site, in which case we will ask for your consent prior to your logging in to the Site using your social media account.
Additionally, we may collect and display information that does not personally identify you. This includes, but is not limited to, information about general industry trends, job availability and skills needed for these jobs, salary trends, and other information related to job seeking, recruiting and branding, all of which are provided to best deliver Services to you (“Aggregate Information”).
As with many other websites, UXPALA and its Contractors may also collect certain non-personal statistical information pertaining to you and the equipment and communications method that you use to access the Internet and our Site. We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This Usage Information allows us to optimize the Site to the Internet connections and equipment that are used to visit the Site.
For instance, in order to make the Site better, we may collect information on: how long you use the Site; which links you click on the Site; whether you have used the Site before and on how many occasions; how frequently you use the Site; and at which point you exit the Site. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site. Information collected this way includes: (i) details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection of usage information may include:
• Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Site statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). For example, you may receive targeted notifications of available job postings based on the content or the pages you click on.
• Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Site, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
2. How will we use the information you provide to us?
We occasionally use Contractors in order to efficiently provide our Site to you. Some Contractors, such as credit card processing companies or Paypal, will collect information directly from you and provide us with relevant data. We may use this information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into (for instance, to collect any authorized fees). Information collected from Contractors are governed by their privacy policies. You should view the privacy policies of Contractors before providing information to them. If you interact with a third party, the Contractor may have access to your Personal Information, even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent.
4. With whom do we share the information we collect?
We may disclose Usage Information and Aggregate Information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. If we combine the Usage Information and Aggregate Information with your Personal Information (for instance, to send targeted job postings to you based on your usage of the Site), it will be considered Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with our Contractors and affiliates in order to provide Services to you, and for other lawful business reasons. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
• To Provide the Services: We may share or disclose your Personal Information, at your direction, in connection with your use of the Site and our providing Services to our users. Unless you opt out, we share Personal Information about you that we collect from you or third party sources with some of our corporate Sponsors and Partners that donate both monetarily and “In-Kind” (“Partners”) and Contractors in connection with our job board services. We may also provide such Partners with information on users of the Site that visit their company page or otherwise click the “Apply Now” button on a job posting to be redirected to such Partner’s site. Partners can export limited information, such as your name, title and email address. You should be aware that these parties may contact you, and that this may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
• Contractors: We may share your Personal Information with or disclose it to Contractors and other third parties we use to support our business. For example, we may decide from time to time to utilize a number of business and marketing partners in delivering the content, materials, and Services available on or through the Site to you. We may share Personal Information with these business and marketing partners for any lawful purpose, including to communicate with you or to fulfill your requests for our Services. UXPALA and its Contractors may also produce reports on Site traffic or usage patterns and share these reports with our business and marketing partners and others.
• Business Transfers: In the event that UXPALA is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
• Disclosed when Collected or With Your Consent: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or otherwise with your consent.
4. What choices do you have?
When corresponding with UXPALA or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with us or others through the Site, you choose what information to supply, what questions or comments to submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. You are under no obligation to provide us with personally identifiable information, but without it we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Email Communications: If you do not wish to have your email address used by UXPALA to promote our own services or third parties, you may select the kinds of promotional messages you opt-out via our newsletter service (TBD). You may also opt-out of receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” link contained within the promotional message.
• Delete Your Account. You may also delete your account from our newsletter service by emailing us at TechSupport@uxpala.org. Please be advised that, even if we successfully delete your account, Partners who have previous access to our databases may have retained a copy of your Personal Information for their own files. We cannot control the retention or use of your Personal Information once they have been downloaded by third parties, and you will not be able to delete information held by those third parties.
You may contact us as indicated below if at any time you would like to ask us about our data collection practices and our information security policy.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to TechSupport@uxpala.org.
5. How Do We Protect Information Collected About You?
UXPALA our Partners and Contractors take commercially reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
• Restricting access to personal data to our employees and Contractors on a “need to know” basis;
• Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and;
• Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Children under Age 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at TechSupport@uxpala.org.
7. We may change this Notice.
7. Any questions? Please contact us at:
300 Bay Street No 10
Santa Monica, California 90405
Telephone: (310) 399-9272