UXPALA Code of Conduct
We invite you to come to UXPALA in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
At a UXPALA event, gathering or meeting, you agree to:
- Respect the boundaries of other attendees.
- Avoid aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
These behaviors don’t belong at a UXPALA event, workshop gathering
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos (or requesting selfies) of people you don’t know.
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Abuse of power (including abuses related to position, wealth, race or gender).
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
Contact us to report an incident
If, while at a UXPALA event, workshop, gathering or meeting, you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates this Code of Conduct, please use our name-optional reporting form to let key UXPALA Officers and/or President know immediately. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the onsite incident.
UXPALA will investigate all incidents reported at an event, workshop, gathering or meeting with discretion and confidentiality. UXPALA reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending UXPALA in its entirety or in part, and/or to cancel the membership/ticket(s) or passes of the person without refund.
If you should be in immediate need of assistance, please email email@example.com and someone will respond to you immediately.